Leaderboard
728x15

Cool Photo Card images

Large Rectangle

A few nice photo card images I found:


"Bible-Based Christmas Show" - showing painting, crafts and digital art plus our kids as Mary and Joseph - by mimitalks, married w/children
photo card
Image by mimitalks, married, under grace
NEW! I now offer a FREE printable design custom photo ornament (for personal use only, small groups ok) you make yourself based on the kids in one set of those Mary-Joseph costumes!!!! - See comments!!!!
Here are:
6 running videos - what a fun and interesting way to present the spiritual meaning of Christmas to those viewing my photostream.


You see (L to R, top to bottom) these things:

1. our yard sign, done by moi, when we were first married. It is 20 years old this month. Then I show scenes from our Christmas tree this year (2011), and a graphic-designed image.

2. A revision of the magnet set shown in the middle bottom square, used in graphic-designed layouts to re-tell the Christmas Story. My husband, Lynn, is the narrator.

3. It doesn't show up right away, but these 2 images are a) a handmade baked salt dough ornament painted with acrylics b) a baby Jesus made of a my son's little crew sock and sewn together to fashion a body, with an old handkerchief of my husband's providing the "swaddling clothing". It is painted with acrylics.

4. Our kids when she was 2 and he was 6, obviously being Mary and Joseph, with a baby doll standing in for Baby Jesus. The costumes were put together for a family Christmas Card I made that year. Then I show our then 3-year old son with the yard sign above, then both of kids last year (2010).

5. The original nativity magnet set I made of craft foam painted with acrylics, with strip magnets glued on the back. The clothing and headresses were glued onto scrapbooking paper figures called "Paperkins", and backed with wooden craft spoons for support.

6) Mary and Joseph again - it was a long photo session for this Mama!


I'm a Switcher ... some assembly required.
photo card
Image by fensterbme
Time for An Upgrade... Click Here to see it assembled and in place.

I have been working on the same computer for about five years, an old AMD dual-core Windows XP machine... it's been good to me but it's woefully underpowered and totally out of disk space. Additionally I've made the decision that after using Microsoft based computers for well over two decades (since MS-DOS 3.3) that I wanted a break from Microsoft.

With how I use computers these days at home Apple's OS-X is much more up my alley than another Windows system. So I've switched, a few months back I upgraded our old laptop to a new MacBook Pro and now I'm switching my primary workstation. When I'm all finished I will use less overall computers, consume less electricity and have a much cleaner overall home network.. One workstation and one laptop running OS-X and another storage machine running FreeNAS, that's it.

So what's this machine exactly?
Mac Pro Hex Core Xeon 3.33Ghz. CPU
12GB OWC RAM
2x50GB OWC Mercury Extreme Pro RE Solid State Drives (SSD)
4x 2TB Western Digital Caviar Black Hard Drives
NEC 30" LCD3090WQXi-BK LCD Monitor & SpectraView Calibration Software
NewerTech MAXPower 6G PCIe eSATA RAID Card
Vantec NexStar3 External Hard Drive Enclosure.

...and an Apple AirPort Extreme and AppleTV for good measure.

Banner