Some cool photo equipment images:
The angle of hotness
Image by tychay
Blogged in Joel Sacks sendoff party
The angle of hotness
XYZ Bar, South of Market, San Francisco, California
Nikon D3, 50mm f/1.8D, SB-800
Aperture 2.0 (raw fine tuning, white balance, exposure, enhance)
1/50 sec @ f/1.8, iso 6400, 50mm (50mm)
____________________________________________________
The Official Joel B. Sacks Send-Off Party @ XYZ Bar
Just a quick snapshot of the bar before I went in. Here you can see the effects of Active D-lighting coupled with Nikon’s amazing wide-angle zoom.
I could have stopped down a little (really though, it is unecessary as the hyperfocal distance is 5.3 feet). However, I left the camera in Auto-ISO mode for parties which is why the ISO would have just moved to grainy levels to compensate. I had been fiddling with the D-lighting controls last night so it wasn’t as strong a setting as this scene demands.
Postprocessing to bring out the shadow detail and you can see, even at ISO 1000+, there is still a lot of dynamic range usable in the shadows.
Click for original photograph (If you cannot view this, add me to your contacts and I’ll add you to my friends. If you are already a contact of mine then just jet me a message and I'll fix your status.)
Image by tychay
The Official Joel B. Sacks Send-Off Party @ XYZ Bar
Image by tychay
The Official Joel B. Sacks Send-Off Party @ XYZ Bar



